Friday, March 11, 2016

   I envisioned the film opening in my mind as I was attempting figure out shot configuration ideas with Adri, and I kept having "Animal" by Neon Trees playing along with it.
So research has been done by going through the entirety of the band’s Wikipedia page. Through there we discovered that they were on two record labels, Mercury and Island records. After failing to find anything on the mercury website, we successfully found our preferred band on Island's label. Success was not long lived as contact information could not be found on the website itself and calls to another number found in a yellow pages book by my house also fell short. 
   So what to do? Well, there are options: find another song, relentlessly call the aforementioned number, or use a non copyrighted, plain track founded somewhere on the internet. The latter being a last resort, which is not a viable option for me. Finding a song from an artist not on the label could use more extended research that I am willing to provide, but unless another song can provide what "Animal" does then it'll take some self-convincing. 
   "Animal" provides catchy lyrics that I believe coincide with the unnamed main character's internal struggle of self discovery. Lines like, "I kinda wanna be more than friends," and "I wanna run and hide," reflect the emotions that will be going through the main character's head. This self questioning can be really brutal, and it's an internal struggle that far from the much lighter tones of the song. This is an advantage though. I do not want the movie's overall tone to be too heavy, but I want it to cover all of the struggle. The song does this. It could also express the feelings of the main love interest whom already believes to herself figured out. The lines, "I want some more," and "What are you waiting for," could show the main love interest's lack of empathy towards the main character's struggle. 
   Regardless of this, I have learned that I need to learn how to compromise in the case that "Animal" doesn't work out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment