Monday, March 14, 2016

 
   The name of my studio is Shortcake Studios so I wanted to create credits using a shortcake. In my mind I envisioned a pastel pink background with the cake already made. It reminds me of the presentation of dessert from Mendl's in Wes Anderson's The Grand Budapest Hotel.

Doesn't that look too aesthetically pleasing to eat? 
Unlike this red velvet  cake which, although still delicious looking, I would not feel guilty for eating.

All that would be done for the opening studio credits are jump cuts of strawberries appearing on a shortcake, and they would spell studios. The issue with this is that just spelling studios would not be the best for clarity meaning that I would have to spell out the entirety of Shortcake Studios. This is all more work, but if it must be done, I will do so. 
   Another issue is that I am considering the thought of filming the stacking of the actual cake. This would make the jump cuts shorter and the overall credit longer, and I am not entirely sure how long the actual movie clip is going to be since I have not sat down to write the script with Adri. I'm planning to write the script while I'm on vacation so I can have it done awhile before filming.
   The solution to the problem is to do it both versions, and if it happens to be too long after the fact then I will just cut to the studio name being spelled out in strawberries. Regardless of length, I want the footage to be aesthetically pleasing. Just like any and all dessert in the film Marie Antoinette by Sofia Coppola. 
The ultimate goal for this opening credit is to reach a mix of Wes Anderson and Sofia Coppola food aesthetic.

1 comment:

  1. I love the unique idea and take on the topic! Your blog truly illustrates the effort and dedication you've put into this project. I'm sure it'll pay off once you start production, as you now have an extremely strong visual style in mind, along with a ton of good research. Make sure to explain what the actual plot of your film is. I love your blog and personality as well. Your style of writing has a unique voice and is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete